8:00 am - 10:30 am
Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper and Wells Fargo Corporate Trust Services are co-hosting a free breakfast seminar titled “Understanding 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges,” on October 7, 2015.
Robert S. Schwartz, Chair of Lindabury’s Tax practice group will be joined by speakers Ken Shore, VP with Wells Fargo Corporate Trust Services and Roger Mehner, a partner in Lindabury’s Commercial Real Estate practice group.
Topics to be covered include:
- Internal Revenue Code Section 1031: rules, exceptions and kinds
- New Jersey and New York state tax considerations
- Roles of the Qualified Intermediary and Accommodation Title Holder
- Why owners need experienced and financially responsible QIs and ATHs
- Get the Deal Done: tenancy in common and partnership split-ups, multiple property exchanges, environmental considerations, financing and refinancing considerations
New Jersey accountants will be provided with 1.8 Continuing Professional Education credits.