Fredi L. Pearlmutter
Fredi L. Pearlmutter concentrates her practice in the areas of environmental and regulatory law, as well as municipal and public health issues.
Fredi L. Pearlmutter concentrates her practice in the areas of environmental and regulatory law, as well as municipal and public health issues. She has a broad range of experience advising, negotiating and representing corporations, developers, municipalities and individuals in private and government environmental proceedings, including brownfields, Industrial Site Recovery Act compliance, environmental permitting, wetlands and land use regulation, defense of penalties, Superfund actions and environmental coverage matters. She also has extensive expertise drafting and negotiating contracts and counseling clients on the environmental aspects of real estate and business transactions.
Fredi serves as counsel to the Warren Township, NJ Board of Health.
In addition, she has been active in the civic and legal community. She is Former Chair of the Environmental Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. She is also founder and served as co-chair of the Environmental Insurance Committee of the Environmental Law Section and taught New Jersey Environmental Law as an Adjunct Professor at Seton Hall University School of Law.
She has served as a Commissioner of the Warren Township, NJ Environmental Commission and on Ad Hoc Committees to advise the Warren Township, NJ Planning Board on land use issues and to review zoning and planning.
Fredi has published numerous articles and lectured on a broad range of environmental issues, such as brownfields, environmental insurance coverage and environmental compliance issues. Her articles have appeared in various publications, including Seton Hall Law Review, Mealey’s Litigation Reports: Insurance, the New Jersey Law Journal, and the New Jersey Lawyer. She was also named in Who’s Who in American Law and Who’s Who in America.
Before entering private practice, she served as in-house counsel for Mobil Oil Corporation and as Assistant General Counsel for Amerada Hess Corporation.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1971
- A.B., Brown University, 1968
- New Jersey, 1987
- New York, 1972
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1987
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1973
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1973
- New Jersey State Bar Association Chair, Environmental Law Section, 1997-1998; Former Co-Chair, Committee on Environmental Insurance; Former Delegate to General Council
- Brownfield Coalition of the Northeast Executive Committee
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- NJ Society of Women Environmental Professionals
- Harvard Law School Association Trustee, 1996-1999; 2003-