James D. DeRose
James D. DeRose concentrates his practice in the areas of automotive law, product liability, warranty law, lemon law, and regulatory matters relating to the automotive industry.
James D. DeRose concentrates his practice in the areas of automotive law, product liability, warranty law, lemon law, and regulatory matters relating to the automotive industry. He has served as counsel to numerous automotive importers and distributors, including companies engaged in automobile, truck, motorcycle, and tractor manufacturing and distribution. He also represents machine, tool, and electronics manufacturers and distributors as well as numerous insurers.
Jim has significant trial experience in the state and Federal Courts and regulatory tribunals in the State of New Jersey. He is a municipal judge in Mountainside, New Jersey and has an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
He also counsels his clients in commercial matters and compliance with government standards and regulations. His government relations experience includes a three-year assignment in Washington, D.C., as Deputy Washington Representative for a major automobile importer.
Jim served in the National Guard in New Jersey and Massachusetts. He is an active member of his community of Mountainside, New Jersey.
- J.D., Columbus School of Law - Catholic University of America, 1978
- B.A., Wagner College, 1969
- New Jersey, 1978
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 1981
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 1978
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1978
- United States Supreme Court, 1981
- Defense Research Institute Product Liability Section
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association