Jonathan S. Chester
Jonathan S. Chester concentrates his practice in counseling individuals and families on estate planning, estate and trust administration, probate and wealth transfer and tax matters.
Jon is the author of several published articles including "Final Regulations Adopted: IRS Approves Disclaimers of Tenancy by the Entirety Property" and "The Proposed Regulation of Corporate Tender Offers in the European Community." Jon has also lectured on estate planning, taxation and estate administration for various groups, businesses and the New Jersey State Bar Foundation. He is a member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections of both the ABA and The New Jersey State Bar Association.
Jon served for several years on the Board of Trustees of the Summit Speech School, an independent pre-school for deaf children in New Providence, NJ, and is a former President of the Oak Knoll Property Owners Association in Mendham Township. He currently serves on the National Alumni Council for Avon Old Farms School, Avon, CT.
- J.D., New York Law School, 1991
- B.A., Bowdoin College, 1984
- New Jersey, 1991
- United States Tax Court, 1992
- American Bar Association Real Property, Probate and Trust Law; Tax Section; Trust Litigation and Controversy Committee; Charitable Giving Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Summit Bar Association