Sergio D. Simões
Sergio D. Simões joined the firm in September 2007 and was elevated to partner in 2015. He concentrates his practice in civil and complex litigation, appellate practice and employee benefits.
Prior to joining the firm, Sergio served as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas N. Lyons, New Jersey Superior Court Appellate Division. Sergio also served as an intern to the Honorable Kenneth C. MacKenzie, New Jersey Superior Court, Morris County, Chancery Division, General Equity Part.
During law school, Sergio was an intern at the Government Law Center of Albany Law School, the Albany County District Attorney’s Office, as well as the Albany Law School Health Law Clinic. He also served as a research assistant to a Professor of International Law and has been acknowledged for his research assistance in the Canadian-published Osgoode Hall Law Journal. Sergio, together with and other members of Lindabury’s Labor and Employment practice group, was co-author of the New Jersey chapter of the 2019 Chambers Global Practice Guide for Regional Employment.
Fluent in Portuguese, in 2004, Sergio completed a Certificate program in European Union Law at the Universidade Católica Portuguesa in Lisbon, Portugal.
He is admitted to the bars of New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. Sergio serves as an alternate member of the Planning Board of his home town of Garwood, New Jersey.Publications
- 2019 USA Regional Employment Law and Practice in New Jersey, Chambers and Partners
- New Jersey’s Complex Business Litigation Program Offers Significant Benefits, New Jersey Law Journal, May 25, 2015
J.D., Albany Law School of Union University, 2006
Certificate, Universidade Católica Portuguesa , 2004
B.A., Seton Hall University, 2003
summa cum laude
United States District Court District of New Jersey
United States District Court Southern District of New York
United States District Court Eastern District of New York
- Super Lawyers©, Rising Star – Civil Litigation Defense (2010-2013);
(This award is conferred by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.)
- Rivermount Development, LLC v. Livingston, et al., Docket No. A-3736-16T2 (App. Div., August 14, 2019)
- BJ America Electric v. BMW North America, LLC, et al., Docket No. A-2517-17T1 (App. Div., May 8, 2019)
- Rock Oil, LLC v. Shaker, et al., Docket No. A-2392-T2 (App. Div., July 5, 2016)
- In re Borough of Spring Lake Coastal Jurisdictional Determination, Docket No. A-6034-12T3 (App. Div., Feb 4, 2015)
- Casey Pellicer v. St. Barnabas Hospital, et al., 200 N.J. 22 (2009)
- Garwood Planning Board, Alternate Member
Portugal-US Chamber of Commerce
Portuguese American Leadership Council of the United States