Stacey Edelbaum Boretz
Stacey Boretz concentrates her practice in the area of employment law, civil & commercial litigation.
Stacey Edelbaum Boretz, Esq. is Of Counsel to Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook and Cooper since 2004. She concentrates her practice in Employment Law and Commercial Litigation. She is a seasoned litigator with over 32 years of experience in New York and New Jersey courts, as well as the Appellate Courts of both States in addition to the Federal Courts of Appeals.
With respect to her employment litigation experience, Stacey has successfully represented employers and members of management in all aspects of proceedings in state and federal courts, involving claims of unlawful harassment and discrimination; wrongful discharge; breach of contract; whistleblower retaliation; failure to provide reasonable accommodation; violation of non-compete agreements; and other employment claims.
With respect to her commercial litigation experience, Stacey has successfully represented various companies and individuals in defense of all areas of commercial litigation disputes and has successfully handled motions, orders to show causes, pretrial conferences, arbitrations and appeals on behalf of the firm’s clients.
Prior to joining Lindabury, Stacey also worked for several years as an associate at Reid and Priest in Manhattan. Earlier in her career, Stacey spent several years as an Assistant District Attorney in the Office of the Bronx District Attorney, Appeals Bureau, where she also served as a Supervising Attorney in charge of all Extraditions and Renditions in Bronx County. She later served as the Principal Court Attorney for Acting New York Supreme Court Justice Patricia A. Williams.
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1986
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1982
- New Jersey, 1992
- New York, 1987
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 1987
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1987
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1987
- United States Supreme Court, 1990
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association Trustee
- District XII Fee Arbitration Committee Chairperson
- Women Lawyers of Union County
- Johnson v. Roper, et. al, 2013 WL 3743395 (July 18, 2013)
- Terminal Ventures, Inc. v. Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co., et. al., 2009 WL 1954143
- P.B.N. Associates v. Xerox Corp., 176 A.D.2d 861 (2d Dept. 1991)
- Woods v. Kuhlmann, 677 F. Supp. 1302 (S.D.N.Y. 1988)
- Castro v. Sullivan, 662 F. Supp. 745 (S.D.N.Y. 1987)
- People v. Gautier, 148 A.D.2d 280 (1st Dept. 1989)
- People v. Barber, 74 N.Y.2d 653 (1989)
- People v. McLaurin, 70 N.Y. 2d 779 (1987)
- People v. Coleman, 70 N.Y.2d 817 (1987)