Thomas J. Sateary
Tom Sateary concentrates his practice in general and commercial litigation.
Tom Sateary concentrates his practice in general and commercial litigation with an emphasis in automotive law.
His trial and dispute resolution experience encompasses a wide variety of matters, including the defense of automobile distributors and dealers against breach of warranty and “lemon law” actions, as well as contract matters. He also has significant experience in municipal and land use matters and real property tax appeals.
He has appeared in Federal Court, as well the Superior Court of New Jersey at both the trial and appellate levels, the Tax Court of New Jersey, the Office of Administrative Law and the Department of Personnel and Merit System Board.
Tom serves as Special Tax Counsel for Mendham Township. He frequently represents applicants before municipal planning boards and zoning boards of adjustment. Tom is currently a member of the District XII (Union County) Fee Arbitration Committee.
Following law school, Tom served a one-year judicial clerkship with the Honorable Herbert S. Alterman, J.S.C. for the Passaic Vicinage of the Superior Court of New Jersey, in Paterson. He is also a former Managing Editor of The Seton Hall Legislative Journal.
- Diplomate in New Jersey Local Government Law, Rutgers University, 2004
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 1989
- M.P.A, State University of New York at Albany, 1984
- B.A., Syracuse University, 1982
- New Jersey, 1989
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1989
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- Summit Bar Association
- Fedor v. Nissan of North America, Inc. & Ghandi v. Nissan of North America, Inc., 432 N.J. Super. 303 (App. Div. 2013)
- Township of Jefferson v. Dir., Division of Taxation, 26 N.J. Tax 1 (Tax 2011)
- Christelles v. Nissan Motor Corp., 305 N.J. Super. 222 (App. Div. 1997)