11:00 am - 12:15 pm
Westfield, NJ, 07090
Hon. Deborah J. Venezia, PJFP and David Tawil, Esq., a partner with the firm’s Divorce and Family Law Group are speaking on the general state of family law matters during State of Emergency, Quarantine and Shelter in Place.
The topics include:
- Parenting Time exchanges during curfew
- Forced homeschooling and decisions of a full time Primary Parent
- Balancing the Alternate Parent’s desire for more parenting time
- Self- and imposed isolation, and impact on children
- How to address one, or both parents, suddenly being laid off or furloughed from their jobs; what is the “new normal”
- How to handle increased pressures amongst divorced, and/or divorcing spouses, and how to protect the children
- The increase and attempts to mitigate acts of domestic violence
- The effect a global/national/statewide shutdown has on closely held businesses subject to valuation and equitable distribution
- The changing state of the Judiciary; what is emergent, what is not, and how do your client’s get their day in court.
For more information or to register for this program presented by the Middlesex Bar Association click here.
Approved by the BCLE of the Supreme Court of NJ for 1.5 hours of total CLE credit. Of these, 1.5 qualify as hours of credit for certification in matrimonial law. (Recognized for NY CLE Credit.)