Employment Law Newsletter
In December 2012, the EEOC approved its Strategic Enforcement Plan announcing six national enforcement priorities the agency will focus on through 2016:
- equal pay enforcement;
- protecting immigrant, migrant and other vulnerable workers;
- addressing “emerging” issues such as pregnancy discrimination/accommodation and expanding coverage of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals under the sex discrimination provisions of Title VII;
- rights of disabled individuals under the ADA;
- curtailment of employee job rights;
and its top priority,
- systemic investigations of employers to prevent unlawful discrimination/harassment.
Employers must be mindful of the EEOC’s focus when making employment-related decisions.