9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Saddle Brook, 07663
David Pierce will present information at the National Business Institute’s seminar on Partnership and Shareholder disputes. This seminar is billed as a complete guide to ownership conflicts in family-owned and closely-held businesses.
David will present information in two sections of this day-long program. The program will begin with David’s outline of when and how disagreements become legal disputes. The program will conclude with his discussion of resolving disputes and what winning can look like.
Topics to be discussed in each of David’s presentation include:
- Range of definitions of shareholder oppression
- Fiduciary duties
- Wrongful termination of shareholder-employee
- Right to inspect books and records
- Theft of corporate opportunities
- Range of potential court remedies
- Negotiating a favorable buy-out
- Re-drafting operating and shareholder agreements
- Entity dissolution
You can register to attend this seminar here.