Stephen A. Timoni
Mr. Timoni is an established business lawyer and Certified Public Accountant with more than 35 years’ experience in the health care, real estate and hospitality industries.
His primary focus is the representation of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, nonprofit organizations, closely held businesses and entrepreneurs. Mr. Timoni regularly advises clients regarding entity formation and restructuring, financing, technology licensing, franchising, mergers, acquisitions and sales, joint ventures, dissolutions, taxation, valuation, corporate governance and regulatory issues. In the health care field, Mr. Timoni represents health care providers concerning managed care contracting, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement; privacy, including HIPAA; fraud and abuse; legal and ethical issues associated with religiously-based health care services; development and implementation of corporate compliance programs; e-commerce and telemedicine.
Prior to entering private law practice, Mr. Timoni worked as a tax consultant in Price Waterhouse’s New York office.
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 1982
- B.S., Wagner College, 1976
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- United States Supreme Court
- Martindale-Hubbell (AV)
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Hotel Association of New York City
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Our House, Inc. Board of Trustees, Vice President and Counsel
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Rahway Board of Governors Chairman, Finance, Planning and Governance Committee
- RWJ Barnabas Health, Innovation Council and Board of Trustees Quality Committee Member