Steven L. Fox
Steven L. Fox is an accomplished New Jersey trial attorney with 29 years of experience in the area of civil litigation. He has extensive experience in providing advice and, when necessary, representing clients in a litigated matter at both the trial and appellate levels. Mr. Fox concentrates his practice on commercial disputes with a particular focus on providing advice and counsel to management in the area of employment law. Additionally Mr. Fox routinely represents clients involved in corporate, contract, real property, insurance coverage and probate disputes.
Mr. Fox is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a civil trial attorney, a designation earned by approximately 2% of attorneys in New Jersey.* Mr. Fox serves as an arbitrator for the Superior Court of New Jersey, Middlesex County, as well as a mediator for the Superior Court of New Jersey, Middlesex County’s Chancery Division.
Currently, Mr. Fox is a member of the Trial Attorneys of New Jersey having served on the Board of Trustees from 2016 to 2018. He is a member of the New Jersey Association for Justice where he served on the Board of Governors from 2002 through 2003. Mr. Fox is also a committee member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Chancery Practice, a graduate from the Seton Hall Inn of Court and a Senior Counselor with the College of Master Advocates and Barristers. He has lectured on continuing legal education panels on topics such as conducting successful depositions and advanced trial techniques.
Mr. Fox is admitted to practice in New Jersey State and Federal Courts, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, as well as in the State Courts of New York, and the courts in District of Columbia.
Mr. Fox has been published in several reported decisions in the New Jersey Superior Court Reporters.
Mr. Fox received his B.A. from the University of Kentucky in 1982 and graduated, cum laude, from Seton Hall Law School in 1989. While attending law school, he received the Dean/Centennial Scholarship Award from 1987-1989.
- J.D, Seton Hall Law School, 1989
- B.A., University of Kentucky, 1982
- New Jersey, 1989
- New York, 1998
- District of Columbia, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2000
- New Jersey State Bar Association Chancery Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey Association for Justice Member of the Board of Governors, 2002-2003
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey Board of Trustees, 2016-2018
- College of Master Advocates and Barristers Senior Counsel
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- Monmouth County Bar Association
* “As of December 2016 approximately 1,650 hold board certification out of roughly 75,000 active lawyers in New Jersey”, Supreme Court of New Jersey Board on Attorney Certification.