Management & Labor Relations
Lindabury has a comprehensive Labor practice. We have extensive experience representing management in all aspects of their relations with labor organizations. We also provide specialized representation to police benevolent associations, law enforcement officers and firefighter labor organizations.
Our clients range from privately held companies to Fortune 500 corporations. We also have represented many hospitals over the last 30 years.
Our labor team includes John Schmidt, who has more than 30 years experience and specializes in election and certification issues for private management; D.B. Ross, who represents more than 30 law enforcement labor organizations.
Our attorneys have provided representation before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the New Jersey Public Employment Relations Commission (PERC), the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service and the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).
In private sector negotiations, we have concluded negotiations with District 1199; various Teamster locals; the United Auto Workers (UAW); the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM); the United Steel Workers of America; Health Professionals and Allied Employees (HPAE); the Oil, Chemical and Atomic Workers Union (OCAW); Jersey Nurses Economic Security Organization (JNESO); United Paperworkers International Union (UPIU); the United Association of Journeymen and Pipefitters of the U.S. and Canada; the Communications Workers of America (CWA); the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) and the International Longshoreman's Association.Areas of Practice
- Strategy and lead negotiation in private and public sector collective bargaining and labor contract negotiations
- Advice and representation
- in strike/work-stoppage preparation and management
- in grievance arbitrations, interest arbitrations and mediations
- in hearings before the National Labor Relations Board and state labor relations and tribunal agencies
- in representation petitions
- in unfair labor practice proceedings before the NLRB
- in jurisdictional disputes
- in decertification cases and unit clarification proceedings.
- Advice and counsel
- on lawful management action regarding union representation
- on union organizing campaigns
- in discipline and discharge cases